Back in 1988 or 1989, when New Kids on the Block were at the peak of their popularity...I, like every other girl on the planet was in love with them.
One Sunday at church, all my friends were talking about how they asked Santa for the New Kids on the Block barbie dolls. After church, I immediately ran to my parents hysterically crying. I had already mailed my letter to Santa that year and left off the NKOTB Barbie doll. I was so upset. My parents assured me that Santa would know. Apparently, to me, Santa was kind of like God...he knew all even if you didn't tell him directly.
Well, when I wake up Christmas morning, there was not one but TWO NKOTB dolls. And they were the cute members at that. I don't think I even specified which ones I wanted. I got the Performance Jordan Knight (complete with 4" braided rat tail) and the Casual Joey McIntyre. I also go a calendar, watch, blanket, pillow case and book.

They were a big hit among my other Barbies...not so much the one Ken doll that I had. He got the shaft for about 2 years as the Barbies played with Jordan and Joey.
And a few years ago, my dad admitted to me that he had to go to Toys R Us after my fit to get the dolls for me. I think he questioned his manhood while doing so and has admitted that's as far as he would go to buy a doll. And that's why I'm a Daddy's girl!
loves,
sweetbef
5 comments:
LOVE it!!! SO presh :) My Daddy stood in line one time for cabbage patch dolls and came home with two boy dolls...haha oh well, gotta love sweet daddies! Merry Christmas SweetBef!
cute!! love your blog!!
http://dailycrushes.blogspot.com/
I still have the Jordan doll with the braid somewhere in my basement!
I also had a Joey Joe McIntyre doll! My dad's thing was Toys R Us looking for gaudy plastic jewelry and elbow length gloves. I remember it so well in my mind but I don't remember what it was called. It was like silver and purple dress up jewelry :) He will never let me live it down! He said "we went all over the state looking for plastic jewelry!"
so cute! my doll was jordan knight, of course. loved that pony tail!
Post a Comment