I have numerous stories from Christmas past to share...that can be accompanied by a funny photo or two. So from now until Christmas I'll try to sprinkle in a few hilarious stories for your enjoyment.
When I was little, I was afraid of a lot of things...little people, ET, The Hulk, Planet of the Apes, puppets, and mascots...this included Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.
I mean, I LOVED Santa, but the thought of getting my picture taken with him was not on my list of to-do's as a youngster. I was very shy, so I would just watch him from afar.
When I was 6, I went shopping with my mom and grandma. I don't really remember, but I think we had decided that I would be brave enough to get my picture taken. Well, we got to the mall and when I laid eyes on their mall Santa I told my mom "That's the REAL Santa." I knew that the mall Santa's weren't the real ones and my mom told me that his Elves did all of his shopping. But when I saw this jolly old man I knew he had to be the real Mr. Claus and I had to tell him what I wanted.
I don't really remember how that convo went down, but here is a picture of that day.
The only reason I'm pretty sure that we had planned to do a Santa photo op is because my mom put me in that Reindeer sweater for the occasion. And we had to travel like an hour away to go to the mall in Greenville. So I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't have gotten me all jazzed up in Christmas wear if that wasn't the plan. This was the ONLY time I ever sat in Santa's lap. I think I may have been forced when I was 6 months old, but I don't have the photographic evidence so I choose to believe it didn't happen.
Was anyone else afraid of [the mall] Santa Claus or am I alone on this one?
loves,
sweetbef
p.s. i'm not saying anything about this weekend. we lost. BIG time. but my daddy's card got a nice work-out which helped ease some of the pain. ;)
7 comments:
We lost big time too. It sucks!
And now, we get to play Spurrier yet again! ;)
ET freaked me out too. But not as bad as the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz...
Bummer about the game-- but at least you guys beat my Gators this year. Pretty good season overall for Spurrier.
I don't know if I was afraid, but given the picture I posted, I'm going to say, "yes." My son was for sure!
I love the reindeer sweater. Noticed it before I read the rest of the post. Hilarious!
You do look awfully cute! I would have to agree that he does look like the "real" Santa!
i was terrified of the easter bunny!
haha hilarious! and who wasn't afraid of ET when they were little?
meredith
meredithlockhart.blogspot.com
ET was endearing, but did look kind of like a pot roast :) haha great post and great pic!
I wasn't afraid of Santa Claus but if it makes you feel better, the black and white scenes in the Muppet Babies tv show scared the crap out of me ;o)
Also, I had a mullet when I was about 6 as well. Ahhh the 80s.
Post a Comment