Over at Kelly's Korner today, her SUYL is all about things people make. I'm not super creative, but I love a good Hobby Lobby trip. I have numerous friends that are having babies. My co-worker/friend, Jeannie is having a little boy in August and I offered to make quote frames for her baby's room. She bought the frames and I did the rest...
This is a frame I made for my friend Devin as part of the decor for a baby shower I hosted with a few friends back in March. I figured it was something she could use in his nursery. She also has gingham in her bedding, so I wanted everything to match. :) I made similar ones for my two preggo co-workers as part of their shower gift. You can see those here.
She told me which quotes she wanted to use and I picked everything else out. The gingham and other colors match her bedding in the nursery.
This is a frame I made for my friend Devin as part of the decor for a baby shower I hosted with a few friends back in March. I figured it was something she could use in his nursery. She also has gingham in her bedding, so I wanted everything to match. :) I made similar ones for my two preggo co-workers as part of their shower gift. You can see those here.
My cousin's little girl had her first birthday last year and I wanted to make something special for her first BIG birthday. It took a lot of trial and error to get the painting just the way I wanted. And I could never get my handwriting just the way I wanted it or even, so luckily I found these rub on letters that matched perfectly.
I've been encouraged to start an etsy store...but I don't really know how. Once I figure it out and get myself organized to where I can take actual orders then I'll probably do it. Why not get paid for doing something that's easy and fun?
loves,
sweetbef
5 comments:
all that stuff is adorable beth! you should definitely start an etsy store :)
Too cute...I am bookmarking you..I so enjoyed seeing what you do....Hope you will stop by. "I have a giveaway on mine" at A Baby Changes Everything and by the end of the day will have one on my main blog. I love your blog desigh
Have a safe and happy Fourth. Celebrate America
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
You did a great job! I disagree with your comment that you're not super creative. :)
thanks ladies! i try my best...and i definitely need a hobby so it keeps me occupied. if y'all know anyone that may like me to do something similar let me know. and if i ever get around to starting at etsy store you'll hear it here first. :)
welcome Teresa! thanks for visiting!
WTF?? WHO ARE YOU? You made and painted a rocking chair? This is too cute, I want to make Reese one. HELP.
Post a Comment