home about beth blogs i love contact

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of the Lie!

*if you've seen The Little Rascals then you'll understand the deliberate misspelling of the title* :)

I'm sure you're all getting tired of looking at old pictures of me, but I found these next two pictures the last time I was at my mom's and thought they were too appropriate for the holiday NOT to post. I think these were taken around 1989.

I'm on a scooter, because I didn't have a bike nor did I know how to ride one. I didn't get my first bike until I was 6 years old. What...a tragedy.

Micky Mouse tee, acid washed jorts, and who knows what kind of shoes those are...I don't think they're Keds. And my hair...don't get me started. I think my mom must have let me dress and "fix" myself that day.

**********************************

This weekend also marks the 2nd Birthday in Heaven for my best friend Sandi's sweet, sweet daddy Charlie Hall and the 2nd anniversary of his untimely and sudden death. He was such a handsome, charming, kind, and talented man. He loved to sing, play guitar, and he especially loved his two girls and young son and spending all his time with them.


Sandi and her younger sister Courtney are like sisters to me. I've known Sandi since I was in 9th grade and she was in 8th grade. We went to high school together and she followed me to the University of South Carolina...(because I'm so awesome and cool she couldn't be without me ;) ). Over 12 years of friendship. She is so blessed with an awesome support system amongst her family and friends who have watched over her these past two years.

Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers this weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Fourth of the Lie! :)

loves,

sweetbef

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, cute pics! Seeing kids with red hair makes me really excited about having kids cause man, I really hope I have redheads! :)

Hope you had a good holiday!

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

That is so sweet. *tear* You are the best!!!!

I'm glad that your old pictures gave me something to smile about too :)

Cool Gal said...

I love those old photos. Love them! Keep posting some, please! :)

Sorry about your friend's dad. It must be such a difficult time. Thinking of you all.

On a different note, you're so right about Jake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...