home about beth blogs i love contact

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

the joys and perils of living alone.

do you live alone?
 
I do.
 
I love it.
 
 
 
here are the joys of living alone...
 
1. no one there to judge you for going to the kitchen to eat parmesean cheese out of the packet.
 
2. nude breakfast preparations.
 
3. your apartment can look like a crack den for as long as you so choose.
 
4. clean laundry can be kept in a pile on your couch.
 
do you live alone?
 
I do.
 
I hate it.
 
here are the perils of living alone...
 
1. no roommate to help you pay the rent/bills.
 
2. couch time can be boring sometimes.
 
the joys of living alone as a single woman greatly outweigh the perils. 
 
if you're single...I highly recommend it.

10 comments:

TLF said...

yep, right there with ya.
but i kinda like it.
a roommate/spouse would prob be judgy over home many slices of cheese i eat on the daily. i'm addicted to cheese.
also, i love walking around naked if need be. and messes. who wants to clean if you don't have too.ain't nobody got time for that!

Chelsea said...

HAHAHA. Love this. I was just thinking yesterday how I needed to write a post on how great it is to live alone. Closing the bathroom door is so overrated...

Kerr said...

I love living alone. Though an invisible roomate to pay bills and tell me if my outfit is cute would be nice.

Leslie said...

I'm so jealous that you live alone! I would looooove to live alone. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to do so.

Morgan said...

This is exactly why I want to live alone! Especially the cheese part. I literally have 6 different kinds of cheese and now it's a running joke about how much I loooove cheese.
I do like having people around usually, but I feel like it's one part of this whole growing up schtick that I have yet to venture into...

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Fiance travels for work so I am alone Mon-Fri. I talk to the animals like they are pple since I don't have anyone to talk to-its great. They always agree with me. I can't get on board with the nude breakfast preparations though-my french doors, windows, and the fear that someone will break in while I'm nude make me too scared!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

I only lived alone for about 10 months but, I loved it! I could go hang out with my friends when I wanted but, could retreat to my own personal space when I wanted... it was a win win for me!

Brittany said...

I wanted to tell you that a while back I told you how I had missed JTs concert back in the day and I was so heartbroken over it so you said don't let that happen again. Well as you know he is going on tour again!! He won't be coming to my state but he will be in my fave city AKA Chicago.I am soo excited and happy to say that tickets have bee purchased and I will be there :)

Kelly said...

I agree. Even though I live with the bf now, I am so glad that I was able to get in a few years to experience living on my own :)

Claire Kiefer said...

Reading this post makes me miss living alone just a little. SO GLAD I did it while I could. I gotta say: I was never lonely living alone. Now that I work from home half the time, I'm glad I live with Matt (not so glad that we have to have a roommate b/c we're poor and SF is freakin expensive), b/c on the days I'm working at home, I'm dying for human communication by the time he walks in the door. But when I lived alone, I was teaching rowdy high schoolers, so I CHERISHED the quiet that living alone provided.

The absolute best part of living alone is that you do not have to share your couch or tv with ANYONE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...