home about beth blogs i love contact

Monday, September 20, 2010

Costume Party aka Lady Gaga concert

{Warning: This is a LONG post full of pictures. Hope you don't mind.}
As you all know, I attended the Lady Gaga concert on Saturday in Charlotte. I had gotten tickets for Mandy and myself as a birthday gift to her. Her birthday is not until November, but I knew she wouldn't refuse a b-day gift from me...especially if Gaga was a part of the early celebration.
The day was packed full of stuff we had to accomplish.
First, we went to MAC in the mall and got makeovers done. We saw atleast 5 other girls there getting their makeup done for Gaga too!


Mandy's makeover was the best...she let her girl have free range. Me not having any balls, told my girl to stick with a smoky eye. Mandy got a LOT of compliments (and stares) and was also the "hero" to two young tweens walking by as she was getting it done.

In my best tween screechy voice with hands on face..."Oh my gosh! I love your make-up, it looks sooooooo pretty!"

Then we had to find Mandy an outfit...I didn't think that particular portion of our day needed to be documented as we were in a hurry, but we were successful at Express.

Then we headed back to my dad's to change and freshen up. And around 5:30pm, we headed to Uptown Charlotte. Directly across from the arena, is a place called the Epicentre. It's a huge 3 story open air plaza with bars, clubs, restaurants and retail shops.

Again, being on a tight schedule, we didn't want to peruse too long so we found a nice little spot at Mortimer's Cafe & Pub. We also made friends with a couple that works there and they sat with us, had some birthday shots, and were all around nice. It was like we had known them for years. I have a feeling we'll be back to Mortimer's in October when we see Chelsea Handler at the same arena.
After dinner, we made our way across the street to the show. This was the crowd waiting at the front entrance.
Once inside, it was pure pandemonium. This little collage doesn't do justice all the "costumes" we saw that night. These were the only pictures we were able to take.
I thought I was "risque" b/c my top exposed my bra (like a lot in the back), but I was pretty UNDER dressed to say the least.
Since we got our tickets last minute, the seats in our section weren't really good at all. Thank goodness we had a big screen to watch. We didn't really get to see any of the set design, but that was fine. I know she did open with a car on stage and at the end there was a huge monster chasing after her.

I tried to get as many pictures as I could of her outfits and performances...










We had a really good time. I give her an 8 out of 10. Only because I wasn't able to see the whole production from my seat AND she sang a big list of songs that I had never heard so there was a lot of sitting down (which I don't usually do at concerts). But she was an awesome singer per the usual and belted her little heart out at every song. If she comes to your town, I would recommend going...but make sure you're seats are not "rear view."

loves,

sweetbef

5 comments:

Cool Gal said...

It sounds like a great time. I love the idea of getting make-overs before hand. You both looked adorable.

I would love to see Lady Gaga in concert. I think she is just amazing.

Have a great day.

how i met your father blog said...

so jealous. i love that little tiny munchkin in her bubbles costume!!

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

loved all the pics! Mandy's green eyeshadow is killer. Love it! You looked bangin' in your hot pink too too! Glad yall had a great time..remind me to show you one of my customer's pics from that concert. They were FRONT ROW in the pit or whatever. She got some awesome video. How are some so lucky?????

Christina said...

love the before & after pics!!! i've seen some of my friends' pics and they are crazy!! i'm jealous!

TLF said...

Seriously loving the makeup.. Awesome pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...