I got to Myrtle Beach Wednesday night and immediately was greeted with a strawberry margarita by my mom. I enjoyed catching up with her on the balcony and watching the people walking on the beach at night. Every morning I loved watching the lifeguards put up all the beach chairs and umbrellas and just sit in the sun and eat my breakfast and lunch. Every day was the same...which was perfect. Head down to the beach about noon and come back in about 5pm and shower and then go out to eat. It was SCORCHING...but we always had our umbrella or "fort" as I called it, music, nice "fun" drinks, and the ocean right in front view. I've never seen the Atlantic Ocean look this beautiful...atleast not at Myrtle Beach and it felt just like bath water. It was so relaxing. Thursday night we ate at my mom's favorite place, the Sea Captain's House. It's this old house fixed up as a restaurant right on the water. The wait is always a little long, but there is a back porch with live music and you can sit outside on the benches/swings/rocks and watch the ocean. We always love going there.
My stepdad and stepsister were there until Friday and then when they left to head back home, it was just me and my mom. I love our time together. We always have a good time and catch up and remember old times. Friday night we went and did some shopping and dinner at Broadway at the Beach. If you ever go to Myrtle Beach, definitely go there for shopping and entertainment. There is an aquarium, IMAX theater, restaurants, rides for kids, and PLENTY of shopping. Saturday night I was craving this blackened salmon penne pasta I had last year when us girls took our beach trip. It was at this open air restaurant south of the Myrtle Beach area called Latitude 22. We get there and another restaurant has taken it's place. I was so sad I couldn't enjoy that nice pasta meal I had been craving, but their new food did not disappoint.
My mom's been taking me to the beach every year since I was little. She was always toting me and my friends as we grew up into teenagers. We definitely laughed remembering all those times together. I don't know how she was able to put up with us. I could write two long books on all those trips.
Here is a little picture overload for your viewing pleasure.



No comments:
Post a Comment