home about beth blogs i love contact

Monday, December 5, 2011

what christmas looks like in my apartment

I was pretty sad to put away my fall decorations because I love fall colors, but now that I live in my own apartment I was really excited to decorate for Christmas.


Being that I live in a small space, I didn't want to overwhelm myself with too much Christmas...so I think for my 12 x 12 box I have just enough.

My mom got me this Welcome sign. I'm pretty sure her intention was for me to put it outside by my door. But...I'm not running the risk of someone janking my beautiful $1 store sign.




Normally, this bookshelf houses my Univ. of SC / Gamecock paraphernalia on top, but I moved them to the wine bottle rack and put a few little whimsical Christmas things.


I really love the plaid Christmas tree...Hobby Lobby. The snowman and reindeer are from Dollar General like 6 years ago.


During the fall, I had moss and baby pumpkins in this hurricane glass on my kitchen table. I was excited to change it out for Christmas.


I plan to change it out for each holiday.


Usually I put my garland and bows on my balcony. But this year I was too lazy and really wanted to bring the outside in and I knew my new stocking would go perfect with my hanging garland.


Yes...I still countdown to Christmas.


My little Charlie Brown tree. This beaute costs me like 25 bones 5 years ago at Wal-Mart. She's still going strong. However, my ornament collection is getting to be too much. I might need to upgrade to a bigger tree next year.


I'm not one of those people that has a "theme tree" or only decorates their tree in certain colors. I grew up helping my mom put up our tree and every year being so excited to hang my "favorite ornaments."


Now, I collect my own ornaments. My thing is every place I visit I get a new ornament. My friends and I also exchange ornaments every year instead of getting each other big fancy gifts.


This year I added 3 new ornaments to my tree. I got one in Puerto Rico (not pictured), one from when I visited Lindsey in Dallas and one when we went to New Orleans.


I'm really sad because I never got one when I went to Louisville, KY or Knoxville, TN last year. So if any of you readers have access to such ornaments I'll pay $$ for you to pass one along to me. :)


Photobucket

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love it! Especially the garland and bow in da house. And plaid xmas tree. Buttttttttt most of all, I love the Texas and NOLA ornament!!! HOLLAAAAA!

whimsical? I'm not sure how I feel about you using that word in this post.

Kate said...

Everything looks great - especially the tree! I'm not a fan of "planned" trees and I think that tree's without a lot of ornaments looks funny. Your's is perfect! And all of your decor is fitting and looks great -- your apartment is cute and homey. I like comfortable looking places!

Aimee L said...

I'm with you in the "no theme Christmas tree" dept.

Sometimes I feel like I should jump on that bandwagon...maybe I will when I have more than 750 sq ft of space to call home.

Love your decorations :D

Abigail's Place said...

Loving Christmas decorations!
Your garland looks lovely an cute welcome sign!

Abigail x

Lindsey Leigh said...

i love the ornament gift idea... i get them from places I go, too!

Lindsey Leigh said...

i love the ornament gift idea... i get them from places I go, too!

Ashley said...

Cute decorations! :)

C3 said...

Great tree!! We do the same thing with getting ornaments from places we visit, or special events. I like a colorful and meaningful tree!! It's fun each year to unpack all of the ornaments and remember our trips.

Anonymous said...

You know I would be with you on the no theme christmas tree, but I just don't have enough random ornaments to fill my tree up! Slowly we will get rid of the red, silver and white ornaments since we are starting to collect them from places! I particularly LOVE our Puerto Rico ornament, holds such a special place in my heart!
I keep forgetting to get a Charleston, SC ornament too! Grrr!
I love your tree though!

Ashley said...

your place is SO festive! I love it! i have my little (we're talking 1 footer) christmas tree which has already fallen over once due to ornament overload....and then my apartment people came in and knocked it over...and LEFT it there! no respect for the mini tree!

LOVE your 1 bone welcome sign! mama sweet bef has good taste! :)

Tara said...

I do the same thing - pick up an ornament everywhere I travel :) (well, almost everywhere...I slacked in that department when I went Europe this summer) Makes for a much more interesting Christmas tree.

Elle Sees said...

It looks cute! I collect ornaments from every country I visit. Enter to win 5 shirts from StyleMint!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Your apartment looks adorable! I LOVE all of your decorations!

Stephanie said...

Look at you and all your Christmas cheer! Looks so cute!!

Can we talk about how the Texas ornament HAS to be the best one on the tree??

TLF said...

so festive!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

I have access to all things ky and could totally hook you up with a L-ville ornament. Let me know whatcha have in mine doll. Be happy to send it your way :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...