home about beth blogs i love contact

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

what was I thinking and other questionable photos...

Lindsey and I were discussing our horrible fashion choices in the late 90's / early 2000's and I found some pretty gem quality photos.


Would you make out with me back then?




For our church directory circa 1998.


I had those bangs longer than I'd like to acknowledge.




I remember that tube top...it was reversible and made of the same material as bathing suits.


Side Note: That was my outfit for the "club" on our High School Senior Cruise.


Yup...that's me. You know how some people say "gingers have no soul." This is proof.




12 years old in L.A. with my Dad.


The hair, those fray top jeans, that tank top, that purse! Ugh!

Photobucket


20 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hahahahhahahahahahahhaha omg the baby pic! Hahahahahhahaha the caption! Lol irl

I had 2 different reversible tube tops but they were cotton from american eagle. I bet we even had some of the same pieces in our closet back then.


And you seriously have some of the best awkward school photos.

TLF said...

Oh gosh, BHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
I hate looking at old pictures of myself! At least you've improved! ;-)

mrs.mfc said...

Hahahahahahhahaha these pictures are so aewsome!!

I had the same reversible AE tube tops and Lindsey was talking about!! My favorite was pink- a different shade on each side.

Katie said...

OMG. HAHAHA!!! I have a post like this in my drafts but have yet to publish it. you may have inspired me. You and your ginger-ness!

I DIEEEEEEEEEE over the child picture and the caption LOL I had some SERIOUS hideous bangs too for longer than I want to admit.

azu said...

lol your captions are funny. I think you look so cute in that yellow tube top! I'm scared to think of what I wore way back then...ugh. I don't even want to think about it lol.

Mandy said...

at least you can rest knowing that everyone looked that bad (fashion wise) back in those days. at least you don't look like my 8th grade photo

Lindsey Leigh said...

the thing you said about proof that gingers had no souls... hilar.

oh and I am SOOO loving that cherry tank top, i honestly think i had the same one in high school from the body shop... lol. we all have had those WTF? moments... I should share mine sometimes lol

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

This is amazing! I'm glad I'm not the only red head who has funny pics from the past!

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

Ohhhh man oh man oh man. You were such a a stud, Beth! Why did we grow up in the 90's...it was just cruel! And how are we so dang old that we can already make fun of our USC days (especially freshman year) pics?

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

OMG hilarious!!!!!! I cringe everytime i look back at our college photos. Um, remember the Banana Joes nights attire? OH. dear. Lord.

English said...

When I clicked on this post I really thought that heinous (of me anyway) one you posted on twitter was going to be on here. Shame.

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

hahaha! Oh my goodness! There are pictures of me that I seriously burned, they were SO bad! Your post was absolutely hysterical!

Michelle said...

HAHAA you're too much! Especially with those captions! It was in style when you wore it! ;) At least, you've changed and look gorgeous now!

Kate said...

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda diggin' the cherry tank top! Haha!!

You have a thing for belly shirts, eh? Bet your church wouldn't have liked that, now would they???

And the baby picture - priceless!

I have a theory about the way babies look. Want to know my theory? Okay, I'll share.... Funny looking babies make good looking adults. Good looking babies make funny looking adults. Now what would you rather be? Good, because you're a damn good looking adult!!! And let me tell you, I have done A LOT of research on this topic, no joke! I swear this theory is FACT. Therefore I'm kind of praying for a funny looking baby...

Kerr said...

Hahahaha these are hilarious! I have some good ones too I need to post. Early college years were ridiculous!

Ashley said...

hahahahaha literally dying over this post! i had the SAME bangs for like 6 years....the BIG roll brush and blow dryer were my best friends!

and i seriously had fashion issues for a long time....the michale jackson purple keds, black jorts and white belt were my favorite combo....did my mother hate me? lol

Tara said...

Oh man...I definitely have some of those awful embarrassing church directory photos of our family laying around somewhere! And I'm pretty sure I had a reversible tube top just like that, or at least very similar. Ahhh the late 90s/early 2000s.

Anna Elder said...

hahaha awesome. You are brave! This is my first time to your blog so I'm totally digging this introduction. I'd like to think that the fashion of the late 90's-early 2000's was timeless and classic. Talk about denial. I SO remember cutting off the waistband of my Abercrombie & Fitch jeans. Also, family portrait photography has come such a long way.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

This is a fun post!!

Anonymous said...

You had a top with cherries on it. Hehehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...