home about beth blogs i love contact

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

iLove Tuesday Tunes

I'm not a big cryer...I used to be, but now I have medication that prevents negative emotions. :) But I had seen on someone else's blog about songs that make them cry. There used to be a ton of songs that made me cry when I was in high school. That damn Celine Dion song from Titanic got me everytime or songs that reminded me of some crush I had that didn't like me back. What...a loser.

But these songs, will always make me cry. I don't listen to country...at all. I don't have not a one country radio station on my presets in my car, but these two songs if I were to hear them on the radio, I would have to turn the station immediately.







Both songs are about the parent-child relationship. I don't have any kids and I couldn't really picture my life with kids at the moment. But whenever I hear either of these songs, I do picture both of my parents and the unconditional love they have for me as their daughter. I know that both of these songs emit feelings that my parents feel for me everyday.


What songs make you cry? Some Three 6 Mafia tune, I'm sure. ;)


loves,

sweetbef

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm always a sap for father/daughter songs!

Mine are "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley & Dolly (it was played at my aunt's funeral) and wait for it...."One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men (it was a popular song when my grandaddy died).

Anonymous said...

The first few notes of the Titanic song give me chills every time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...