home about beth blogs i love contact

Thursday, October 8, 2015

sc flood (and how to help)


The state seal says "Dum Spiro Spero" which means "While I breath, I hope."  so fitting for South Carolinians.

The devastation of the historic flood has been felt throughout the state (and beyond).  The Midlands, particularly Columbia, have been hit the hardest.


It was heart breaking to watch my 2nd home, a place where I lived for 6 years and visit often be completely submerged under water.  Or see people I knew in college posts photos of their own homes damaged by the flood.

While the tragedy can be felt throughout the state, the support can be felt even more.  As I scroll through social media there are different stories about where to donate, families that need help, trucks and cars full of items, posts of hope or good deeds being made.

Greenville, SC t-shirt company, Loggerhead Apparel, has produced a shirt where all proceeds will go to help flood victims.  you can purchase here.

Also, proceeds of the shirt below will go towards flood relief.  you can purchase here.


sugar boutique is donating 100% of sales from their Lauren James SC garnet and SC orange baseball caps and any Lauren James "SC Lovely State" tees to the American Red Cross.

click here to shop the tees and here to shop hats.


you can also check Salvation Army, Amercian Red Cross, and United Way's websites if you would like to give a monetary donation.

you can see and feel the prayers at work.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...