home about beth blogs i love contact

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

suprise parties are no joke.

there was a little suprise party for my best friend, sandi's 30th birthday. 
 
and her reaction was the best thing I've ever witnessed.
 
 
months of planning.  making sure no detail went unnoticed.  because we knew how much sandi's attention to detail is impeccable, we wanted to make sure her night was just as special as if she had planned it herself.
 
it was the hardest secret to keep for over 3 months.  I was ready to bust!  my nerves before she arrived were shot!
 
we made SURE to have it the weekend before her birthday, because most of her celebrations are usually the weekend after.  so we figured having it the weekend before would be sure to throw her off just a little bit.
 
then we had to come up with the best way to get her to the party...and fast...because that little missy will put stuff on her calendar months in advance.  she's always on the move.
 
she is going to be a bridesmaid later this year, so I decided the best thing to do might be to invite her to a fake engagement party for the bride.  I immediately contacted the bride/friend, made sure that was okay with her, asked her to go ahead and text sandi so she would get it on her calendar before anything else came up, and let her know that an invite would follow.

 
I found a website that didn't have a minimum order requirement, so I was able to make the cutest "fake" engagement party invite and mailed it to her around the same time we mailed out her surprise party invites.  I even had a friend at work address it for me because I was afraid Sandi might recognize my handwriting.
 
around early december, sandi mentioned to me something about an "engagment party" she had in january...and then I knew we had her fooled.
 
 
everything else was a piece of cake, finding old baby pictures (thanks sandi for posting so many over the years to social media), her sister wanted to make sure the colors were pink and glitter. two of sandi's favorite things.  and her sister also made sure there were extra sweet treats to tie in with sandi's boutique, sugar.  her sister made sure everything was in place and ready to go.  she was the mastermind behind the entire shin-dig.
 
 
we prepared ourselves before the party of what her "genuine surprised face" might look like.  and she definitely gave us all a geniuely surprised reaction.  just watching her as she walked in, shocked with all of the people that showed up to celebrate her, made my heart smile.
 
so many people came out to the party to celebrate her milestone birthday. this girl is so loved by so many people. and i'm lucky to call her my "friend."

happy 30th birthday, sweet friend!  I love you so much and hope you have the best day!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE surprise parties! Except I'm always the one throwing them; never receiving... Is it too much to ask?

megan said...

so sweet of y'all to go all out for her 30th! I love surprise parties!

April of Smidge Of This said...

The fake invitation is genius. So, so fun! Y'all are great friends.

Brittany said...

I love that you were able to pull it off so perfectly!! Genius.

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

I LOVE the video you posted the other night! So awesome! Super sweet of you girls to throw Sandi a surprise party but, even through her blog I can tell that she is just the absolute sweetest person - she deserved it! Looks like a fab party that you ladies put together!!

TLF said...

That is awesome.. Such a great friend, you are!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...