home about beth blogs i love contact

Thursday, May 16, 2013

my lot in life.

 
5.16.13 - Something difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it.
 
I'm not really sure what my "lot in life" is exactly.  I'm typically a creature of habit and pretty consistent, if not complacent. 
 
But in less than a year I've gone through some pretty big things that make me question my life as whole.
 
- personal issues
- dating issues
- family issues
- work issues
- financial issues
 
There were even times at the beginning of this whole things that I even questioned life at all.
 
When I was little, I always imagined my life would go as follows...
 
college
job
marriage
babies
live happily ever after
 
My worst fear used to be that I would never be able to have children.  I don't really worry about that anymore.
 
Honestly, I don't have any fears like that at all anymore.
 
I've learned to just "roll with it."
 
I went to college, but it took me 2 years and 2 months to find a long term job.
 
I date, but I haven't found "the one" yet.
 
And if I do ever find "the one" then I don't know if kids will even be an option by that time.
 
I'm blessed enough to have close friends who have little ones that I consider like my own special nieces and nephews.
 
I'm also blessed with a family that loves me and that I love back...friends that support me and that I'm loyal to in return...paying job that allows me to live alone and eat food and sleep in my own bed.  Anything that comes in addition to that I think is a bonus.
 
I try not to put a timeline on anything I do.  I try to enjoy life and what it offers me each day.  I might be 29.9 years old, but I can still have fun.  I just pray hard and a good cry every now and then never hurt.
 
did this post make any sense?
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This posts makes TOTAL sense to me. I had a good life ahead of me but my stupid face ex of 5 years went and knocked some bia up and decided to leave me for her. No, don't worry about me stupid face, I'll just start over... Ha. But yeah, I'm with ya on how my life was supposed to be at this point but clearly it hasn't worked out... Glad to see you are "rolling with the punches"... I'm still struggling with that :/

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

I loved this post. I went through a time w/ love, work, etc when it was "when it rains it pours" but somehow I made it out the other side. I think the times like that keep us humble. And babies, yeah, I hope my eggs are still good after I finish school & get established, eek!

jessica said...

great post, beth.
love the quotes at the end.

and i totally agree, every now and then i just need a good cry. then i go back to being myself. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...