I'm sure you're all wondering where it is I'm going that I'm getting all dressed up?
Well, in the South (and maybe some places in the North) we have what's called Cotillion and every January they present Debutantes.
For our Cotillion, it's really just an opportunity for everyone to look fancy and take advantage of the open bar.
I was a debutante 10 years ago...yes...you're in the company of true Southern royalty (more on that later).
So...you saw the dress...now onto the hair and make-up.
I'm not the best at make-up or hair. I always think I look good when I leave the house, but when I look at pictures of myself later I think I look the same as I would on a Monday at work.
BUT...being that I just hopped aboard the obsession express on Pinterest I have some ideas of what I'd LIKE to look like...atleast the eye portion of my face.
Last year was the first year I actually fixed my hair in a manner that wasn't the same as my "everyday hair."
I got my hair cut on Saturday, but I hope I am still able to do something like this
or this
I don't think i'll be able to do either! I'm not Pink Lou Lou when it comes to hair.
I guess we'll see what happens Saturday night! :)










10 comments:
Love all your hair and make-up picks. I'd totally come do your make-up if I lived in your hood.
Cotillion's are always SUCH a blast!! Love the hair style options!
I did that first simple updo you posted for a wedding last weekend....very easy to do and you'll get tons of compliments!
We have the same thing but we just call it Deb. Its always a blast. I mean...open bar. Yes, please.
I have no makeup or hair skills either. Have fun!
I've heard the word cotillion but never actually known anyone to have one.
You look gorgey in all your pics :)
Gosh, I wish I could figure out how to do amazing eye makeup like that!!!
you really are a debutante?! i'm so impressed....i've never been to one of these cotillions!
love your makeup choices! you're gonna look amaze!
I've only heard of it on 90210 or one of those shows, pretty sure 90210. Anyways, they look like a blast and your gonna look so beautiful!!
The tutorial video I pinned last night made me actually think I could achieve a great smoky eye. I just apparently need to go out and buy all new eye shadow first. Ha!
Post a Comment