home about beth blogs i love contact

Friday, July 29, 2011

Ahhh...happy news to share!

No, i'm not engaged or pregnant. So if you were hoping to read news like that you'll be sadly disappointed.


But I do interrupt this regulary scheduled Flashback Friday post to wish my wonderful mother a Happy Birthday!

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY, MOM!


Now, on to my really special news I've been DYING to share with you all.


The Friday before my birthday, my bestie Sandi came up to Greenville to take me out to dinner. We met at my apartment once I got off work to change and get ready for a fun night out with the girls.


Once we were both ready, Sandi asked me if I wanted to open my gifts..."uh...duh."


She had them all laid out on the kitchen table like Santa Claus had come to town. Then she handed me a letter and told me to read it out loud. Being that it was just the two of us in my apartment, I said "Out loud? To you? Really?" She insisted, so I went along with it.


I made it to "Sorry my mommy can't drink with you guys..." and then I screamed "You're pregnant!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!!!" And got up and hugged her. I still didn't finish reading the note until the next day I was so excited. Now it's hanging up in my room. Such a special way to reveal the news to me.


And let me tell you, that Sandi is a tricky little gal. Two weekend before at Kelly and Brad's wedding, she was toting a wine glass most of the night, so I didn't think any thing of it. Which she later revealed, she was giving the wine to her hubs and a friend and then just carrying around the glass.


I can't wait to meet Baby McClain in February! I'm gonna spoil that baby rotten!


And here are the two special people this post is dedicated to...


Photobucket

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

This was so sweet Beth, what got over you? Just Kidding, this is "sweet bef's" blog afterall. I still love that letter, I'll do that if I ever I get knocked up.

Melody said...

aw that is such a cute way of telling you the news!! Congrats & Happy Birthday to your mom!!

Life is Sweet : The McClain Family said...

aaaahhh swet baby tears!!!! Love you lots. This is precious. Baby McClain does love his/her "Auntie Sweetbef" :)

Val said...

So incredibly sweet....congrats to you and your family on the exciting news!!

Vicki said...

That is the sweetest/cutest way for her to annouce her pregnancy to you! I love it!!! Congrats!!! That is so exciting :-)

-Vicki http://myvickiliciouslife.blogspot.com/

TLF said...

Happy Birthday to your Mommy!!

Anonymous said...

aww what a sweet and fun way to tell you!! & happy birthday to your mama! :)

Ashley said...

I'm not going to lie but that letter made me tear up a little. What a special way to share the news with a friend.

Nikki said...

That is the cutest way to reveal her pregnancy. Congrats Auntie and of course to Mommy & Daddy

how i met your father blog said...

that is SO adorable. i always think of how i am going tell my friends i'm pregnant (it involves tequila and a shotski for them and nothing for me).

i think i like this way better!

Hilary Ayers-Kurtz said...

That is the most adorable thing I have ever heard!
What a cute way to tell you!
I love your blog!

xo
Hilary Mae

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...