
I was born in Denham Springs, Louisiana, but when I was 13 months old my parents moved to Due West, SC. Both of my parents were from the upstate of South Carolina, but moved all around the country for my dad's job after they got married. California, Atlanta, Baton Rouge, then Due West. My mom grew up in another small town 5 miles away, so she knew the area quite well. My dad grew up a little farther north, but still in the region.
It's an extremely small college town. Home of the Erskine College Flying Fleet.


My dad was mayor of the town when I was in kindergarten and during his "reign", he created the Fall Festival which the town still holds every fall season.
I grew up going to the local A.R. Presbyterian Church and enjoyed it so much. Every Sunday, my friends and I would ride our bikes around town and play together.
I went to the local high school...Dixie High School, Home of the Fighting Hornets
The school, like the town is small. It goes 8th - 12th grade and only has about 400 students total...if that many. My graduating class was only 75 students. Once I got to college, I had lecture classes that had the same amount of students as my entire high school. It was definitely a culture shock to say the least.
When I lived there, I hated it being such a small town. There are no stop lights and when I was growing up there were no fancy restaurants, stores, or anything remotely related to retail with in a 5 mile radius. Now they have a Subway, Dollar General, and Mexican restaurant, but let me tell you...we've hit the big time. My mom still has to drive atleast 10 minutes to the nearest grocery store and the nearest mall and Target are like 25 miles north.
Looking back, it was a great place to live and grow up. I'm still very close with all of the people I grew up with and they are some of my closest friends.
Even though I live an hour away in a "big city", I still visit my family every Sunday when I can for dinner at my grandparents.
loves,
sweetbef



2 comments:
yes! you are back at it...
and inspiring me to "keep it up"
(the blog i mean)
:) Great post! Love you!
awww!! so cute! :)
Post a Comment